Hi, I go by the name Nick, 19 and a TESLian. Been blogging since 2010. Thank you for stopping by, feel free to leave me a message. *click the arrow below*

Noragami

SummaryYato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled "delivery god." Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost killed in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a "hanyou," a person who can easily lose her soul. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a "sacred treasure" that can be used by a god. The three of them battle "you" who bring harm to humans as Yato's hidden history is gradually revealed.

Who would have thought that I will find myself falling in love with a dark anime? Noragami sure has made me love all these killings, violent fights, and blood. A friend suggested me to watch this and now I am recommending you to watch it! Since these dark things are very new to me, my friend promised that it wouldn't be a story I couldn't handle, as it also contains some comedy, which is true. Although Yato is a God of Calamity, where he kills people, Regalias(God's slaves/weapons) and Phantoms(scary and creepy creatures people/Gods despise), he has a very beautiful heart especially towards the people he treasures.

I find Yukine, Yato's regalia, adorable to be honest. He is a young and an immature boy in the first place, until he became one of the Blessed Vessels as well. You will find out what Blessed Vessel is once you watch the anime! My favorite part of this anime is when Yukine got blighted and Phantoms started to take over him (they were all over his body, and I found them very creepy especially their voices), so they needed three Regalias to cure Yukine. The only way to get rid of the Phantoms before Yukine became one of them was to make him confess his mistakes. As I said, Yukine was a very immature young boy. A regalia is like human since they used to be one when they were alive; they have feelings and Yukine thought that Yato would get rid of him anytime he wanted, resulting them to be very distant from each other. Yukine was alone, and he wanted to have friends just like humans and he was also very envious over a Nora, a Regalia who has a lot of names on their bodies given by their masters/Gods. This certain Nora is a girl who used to be one of Yato's weapons and her words towards Yukine has hurt him, making him believe that Yato will leave him when in fact, Yato is very fond of him instead of Nora. His sadness and the jealousy has stung Yato until he was blighted as well since a God and his Regalia share the same minds so in this case, Yato gets stung whenever his Regalia is jealous or sad. The part where Yukine confessed and cried, it teared me up as well. I love the relationship between Yukine and Yato. Hiyori, the girl who is half human and half spirit played a very important role in this anime! 

Although it is a good anime, I'm rating this as 8/10 since there is this part where I am not satisfied. A God will have to vanish when people forget them and it happened to Hiyori, who was Yato's only believer. Hiyori started forgetting about Yato and Yukine slowly and that leads her to spending her time with her friends more; going on dates. The senior who has kissed her, is actually the "Father" because there is this part where Nora adressed him as that. "Father" is Yato's dad, someone the latter really obeys. In the anime, when Yato interacted with "Father", his face was not shown and I will forever be curious about the identity of "Father". Is it the senior? The Phantoms were all following him at the end. Anyway, I am only curious about that part, the ending is just perfect though!

P/s: Don't be surprised if you will find me talking about Tokyo Ghoul in my next post because I am so going to watch it!
Saturday, April 23, 2016

Newer Post GrayStencil . Chocolettha . TFN . GWFOlder Post